Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Preschool for Lex and Storytime for Aiden

January 15, 2013
The day started off with lots of excitement as Alexis was getting ready for school and Aiden and I were heading to storytime at the library (which he called Bible story time). Alexis woke up with so much energy booming into the bathroom letting me know she was ready to get dressed (in the dress she carefully chose last night). I let her know that as soon as I was out of the shower, we'd get her dressed. Then she needed me to put her makeup on. Well, she said I could do the eye stuff and lips (3 different colors) but she'd do her cheeks and spray (4 kinds). She was so excited to go and meet new friends and learn. She grabbed her backpack and ran down the stairs. Grandma had made a delicious breakfast but Lex quickly let her know she wasn't eating at home because she was going to order her breakfast at school. Aiden then noticed the backpack and needed his (for story time) so I grabbed that and he wandered around the house in his coat with his backpack on while Alexis practically danced around getting ready to leave. I must say, I am so grateful for her excitement about school! Last night she had me paint her nails, wash her hair extra good and reminded me she needed to get into bed super quick because she had school. 

Needless to say, she had a great first day. She's not giving me much information about her day but she was all smiles and very tired. Her teacher told me that she fit right in and was a great example to the other kiddos about how to walk quietly in the hallways and she used her as an example twice for the other kids to walk nicely like Alexis was. Aiden loved his storytime at the fabulous new library! The teacher was great and super interactive so I am happy about that too! 

Tonight Kyle is taking them to check out Awana and I'm able to read a book and drink some tea and relax... amazing. Feeling so blessed......

No comments:

Post a Comment